[TYPO3-core] RFC: #8515: Speed up tslib_cObj->getTreeList by caching its results

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Mon May 26 14:16:10 CEST 2008

"Ingo Renner" <ingo at typo3.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1211803428.28771.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de...
> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>
> Hi Steffen,
>
>> My question - why don't using this in core generally instead only for
>> extensions? The page tree in BE has the same performance problems,
>> especially if you have a huge count of pages
>

> didn't notice problems there yet, other than that I think that the tree in
> the BE is not based on the same functions

hi Ingo,

you should ask Uschi, the university erfurt deals with many thousand pages
and the pagetree is nearly unusable without temp.Mounts.

I can give you my template-ext where you can create thousands of pages in
one shot for testing.

Anyway if it's not the same routine in BE, the technique should be simular?

vg Steffen