[TYPO3-core] RFC: #8501: Template module - overview

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Mon May 26 10:36:48 CEST 2008

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> Branches: trunk
>
> * usage of icon insead of the x
> * using alternate colors for columns
> * added some space for the titles
>
> see screenshot how it looks now

±0. Better but still not good to my taste. Try to trace eye path from H1 to the value in last column. I bet you have to concentrate to find the value. There are no horizontal visual guidelines and it makes it difficult to find the value. I'd rather alternate colors horizontally than vertically. Or use other method to provide visual guidelines.

In the books, for example, this problem is solved like this:

Level 1.......................5
  Level 2.....................7
    Level 3...................8
Level 1 again.................9