[TYPO3-core] RFC #8495: Buttons look like input-field

Michiel Roos michiel at netcreators.com
Sun May 25 12:55:46 CEST 2008

Hi Masi,

Not being able to style the buttons is a temporary issue . . . Modern
browsers support:

input[type="button"],
input[type="reset"],
input[type="submit"] {
	background-color: blue
}

So . . . yes, we leave IE6 (and below) in the cold.

An alternative is to leave TYPO3 as it is for the browsers that don't
support the CSS above, and then put it in for the browsers that do.

The old browsers will get the familiar look and feel, and the new
browsers will see a difference between a button and input field.