[TYPO3-core] RFC: #609 Icon inconsistencies (Shortcut, Undo, Reload)

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Sun May 25 12:05:24 CEST 2008

Jens Hoffmann schrieb:
> Hy,
>
> this is a HCI-related SVN patch request.
>
> Branches:
> Trunk (4.3) and TYPO3 4.2
>
> BT reference:
> http://forge.typo3.org/issues/show/609
>
> Problem:
> Icons are not clear enough.

I guess the new shortcut icon is based on the trend to have a star icon
for "favorites" (bookmarks). Maybe this is fine when we call it that
way. But I recall a discussion on HCI which rejected all alternatives
for shortcuts, so I think the change doesn't make much sense.

As for the undo. The current one isn't good, but to me the proposal
isn't much of an improvement. The clock in "go back in time" metaphor
isn't clear enough.

The refresh is fine.

Masi

PS: No need to use PNG if you don't require more than 256 colours or
alpha transparency.