[TYPO3-core] Poll for 4.1.7

Christian Hernmarck linux at lists.hernmarck.ch
Wed May 21 10:27:38 CEST 2008

Steffen Kamper schrieb am Dienstag, 20. Mai 2008 11:54 im Beitrag

news:mailman.1854.1211277081.4573.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de...

>> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=7646 : Patch version 3 seems to
>> work.
>>
>> Cheers
>
> Can anybody who worked with this make an RFC with the proposed
> patch? I think it's difficult for the others to understand what
> exact the problem is and which patch can solve it
>
> vg Steffen

Hi guys

I put the patch in the typo3 bugtracker. As I just wrote there:
***
I uploaded the patch - but honestly - I don't know exactly what it
does :-)

I realized that Typo3 4.2 did not have the problem in the "alt_main"
backend and found some bug fixes which exactly solved this problem
too.
As I stated in Post 0021297 my patch is more or less the patch to fix
the bugs 0001642, 0004886 and 0005655 - which were fixed by Ingo
Renner and Oliver Hader.
***

So, there were other problems with the frame structure which were
addressed last year in the trunk (and AFAIK the FF3 problem arised
far later) - since I was sort of "alerted" when Ingo told me to check
if Typ3 4.2 with the alt_main backend also has the frame problem (see
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=7516 - after comment 0019470) and
this alt_main did not fail.
I tried to figure out what happened and ound the two revisions made by
the two guys. The rest is history...

I think it's important to fix this since there are still many Typo3
hostings which do not support an update to Typo3 4.2 (PHP < 5). Typo3
4.0 won't be updated but the patch can also be used there...

/Christian