[TYPO3-core] RFC: #8463: TYPO3_SITE_URL in t3lib_div::locationHeaderUrl to support TYPO3 installed in subfolders

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Tue May 20 19:13:00 CEST 2008

Christoph Koehler wrote: on 19.05.2008 23:21:

> this is a SVN patch request.
>
> Type: Bugfix
>
> Branches: 4_2
>
> Bugtracker Reference:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=8463
>
> Problem:
> t3lib_div::locationHeaderUrl uses TYPO3_REQUEST_HOST, which doesn't
> support TYPO3 installed in subfolders.
>
> Solution:
> Instead of TYPO3_REQUEST_HOST, we use TYPO3_SITE_URL.
>
> Relations:
> Related to #8441, http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=8463.
> Made this patch as requested by Steffen Kamper.

I guess we cannot change that, as it has been like that for ages and is
even documented to do that ("relative to host"). Imagine someone using
it to get the a redirect to some other page that isn't really
typo3-related, but relative to the document-root of the webserver. It
won't work anymore. The caller had to prefix the current
TYPO3-installation path before calling.

So if you need / want this functionality, it either has be a different
function, or it has to ask especifically for it in a new (optional)
boolean parameter.

Either way it is a new feature and it won't go into 4.2.

Cheers,
Ernesto