[TYPO3-core] RFC: #8362: Duplicate entry for [tstamp] and [crdate] in Web->List module for single table in selector-box

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Tue May 20 19:02:05 CEST 2008

Steffen Kamper wrote: on 12.05.2008 14:41:

> Type: Bugfix
>
> Bugtracker references:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=8362
>
> Branches: 4.2
>
> Problem:
> In selector box which enables setting columns to display there are two
> fields duplicated: tstamp and crdate.
>
> For better understanding: when you click on [+] in listview of one table
> it's the select box to add fields to the list
>
> Solution:
> only add tstamp and crdate if they are not in fields array.
>
> I'm not sure if there is a need to add tstamp and crdate if they are not in
> fields. In this case these fields are not in the table?

recordList::makeFieldList() is the method that gets a list of fields. It
adds those tstamp + crdate from TCA if you are an "admin" or if it is
not checking for permissions.

It seems that tstamp + crdate are then again always added in the method
you are patching, even if those are not really the real field names for
that specific table. So there is also the bug that "tstamp" might not
even be the correct name of the tstamp field (as this can be adapted in
TCA-ctrl).

So I think the fix should add a way (new parameter?) for makeFieldList
to force it to return the correct tstamp + crdate fields also for
"regular" users (non admins) so that the method you are patching doesn't
need to be explicitly add them again or read them from TCA.

There are some other bugs in that area (like you can select _REF_ which
is not shown if you are not in extended mode, _LOCALIZATION_ can be
chosen even if not in locazation mode etc), but those could wait for the
"new list module" in 4.3. :)

Cheers,
Ernesto