[TYPO3-core] RFC: #8441: pageErrorHandling doesn't work with relative files in a subfolder TYPO3 install

Christoph Koehler christoph.koehler at gmail.com
Mon May 19 20:49:07 CEST 2008

In article
<mailman.1.1211211591.28135.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de>Helmut
 Hummel <typo3 at jhpc.de> wrote:
>  Hi Christoph,
>  Christoph Koehler schrieb:
>>
>>>    The way I read his report Christoph expects
>>> http://domain/prefix/error.html but gets http://domain/error.html.
>>
>>   That's it. My TYPO3 install on localhost is in a subfolder, so I
>> have <http://localhost/sub1/,> <http://localhost/sub2/,> etc. When I
>> set my error page to fileadmin/404.html, it always tells me that
>> <http://localhost/fileadmin/404.html> doesn't exist, which is of
>> course true.

>  Have you tested this in a multi domain environment? Just asking
> because I'm not sure what the constant TYPO3_SITE_URL incorporates,
> but it reads, like it should work ;)

It works here. I have several aliases for localhost, and they work
even without a domain record.
>  In TYPO3 it is possible to set a domain record like
> "domain.tld/prefix" which works like a charm, but not with error
> documents. Domain record handling is the main reason why it is a bad
> idea setting pagenotfoundhandling to "prefix/404.html" (just in case
> you have not known this before).

Not sure about how that plays in. But the reason for this patch is an
extension we're working on. It will allow setting different files or
URLs for 404 and 503 error handling inside domain records, by domain.

Christoph

--
I'm using an evaluation license of nemo since 342 days.
You should really try it!