[TYPO3-core] RFC #8177: top.loadTopMenu undefined

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Mon May 19 12:49:13 CEST 2008

Hey team,

this is a SVN patch request.

Branches: TYPO3-4.2 =/ trunk

BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=8177

Problem: The new backend that was introduced in TYPO3 4.2 does not offer
the possibility to load content in the topframe anymore. However there
are certain extensions that still use a direct call to top.loadTopMenu
(which was the default in TYPO3 3.6 or so, and was copied over to their
extension then). However, in the meantime, we had the switch to e.g.
show the clickmenu not in the topMenu but in a div through AJAX. Since
TYPO3 4.0 we have a minimum requirement for IE 6 which supports AJAX,
but we still had the option to have the clickmenu loaded in the topMenu.
However this is obsolete now and in fact, the new backend.php removed
this function completely, so nothing happens if the topmenu should be
loaded.

Solution: Therefore I introduced a stub function with an alert message
to let the user know that he is using an old extension. It should be
reported to the BT so we can inform the user. Apart from that we don't
need to the "isCMLayers" check and switches anymore so I set them to
deprecated.

Notes: Should IMHO go in to 4.2.1

--
greetings,