[TYPO3-core] RFC #8456: Browse Links does not use JS library interface

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Mon May 19 12:10:13 CEST 2008

Hey all,

this is a SVN patch request.

Branches: TYPO3_4.2 / Trunk

BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=8456

Problem: Currently the file typo3/class.browse_links.php includes the
prototype library and one other JS file manually with strings. Since 4.2
we have an interface to prevent double inclusions.

Solution: We need to switch this file to the new interface to have
extensions hook in properly.

Notes: The patch however changes the functionality a bit. The two
external files are included BEFORE any inline JS code. This makes a lot
of sense for libraries (e.g. prototype) to let the inline JS make use of
the provided features.

--
greetings,
benni.