[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #8336: JavaScript error in TBE_EDITOR causes login expired dialog

Oliver Hader oliver at typo3.org
Mon May 19 11:52:09 CEST 2008

Hi Ingo,

Ingo Renner schrieb:
> Oliver Hader wrote:
>> This is a SVN patch request.
>>
>> Problem:
>> A missing check in TBE_EDITOR causes a login expired dialog. This
>> occurs for required fields which were not rendered in the TCEforms view.
>>
>> Solution:
>> First check if the field exists and then access the value property of
>> the form field.
>
> Any hints on how to test this?

I've tested this with the extension "daimi_event" the reporter mentioned
in the bugtracker. There the required flag is set on a flexform field.
Since the flexform section did not exist, the TBE_EDITOR error occured.

This RFC is only addressed to first check whether a field really exists
before accessing its properties in JavaScript.
Thus, you could test if this patch breaks existing stuff with required
fields and additionally could test it with the mentioned "daimi_event"
extension.

When you look to the patch without changes to whitespaces
(0008336_w.patch), you'll see that the only functional change is the "if
(formObj) { ... }" part.

olly
--
Oliver Hader