[TYPO3-core] Poll for 4.1.7

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Fri May 16 20:11:15 CEST 2008

"Dmitry Dulepov [typo3]" <dmitry at typo3.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1210960145.6365.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de...
> Oliver Klee wrote:
>> Ubuntu 8.04 ships with FF3beta by default (the installations
>> automatically will upgrade to FF3final when it is released).
>
> Well, they did a wrong choice. No one in the right mind should release
> beta package. I could understand if they shipped RC but beta... This is
> wrong.
>
> --

but they do online-updates, so this doesn't matter really.

The fact is that they made an update to JS 1.8, that cause the problems. And
this will stay, they will fix browser issues, but not the JS engine. The
newest Opera use the same engine, so the problems occur there too.

So we have no choice to become compatible to this JS engine anyway.
unfortunally there are not much expieriences, and i didn't found a migration
parth or notices what changed and where problems might be.

vg Steffen