[TYPO3-core] RFC #8263 t3editor should not highlight decimals

Tobias Liebig mail_news at etobi.de
Thu May 15 15:17:53 CEST 2008

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:
> Users do not use FireBug... How do I test it during normal work?

Hej,

you can verify the correct highlighting like this

Case 1: Patch is NOT applied
	Some of the dots would be interpreted as a part of the decimal number
and so it get colored grey like the number itself.
	see screenshot bug8263_wrong.png attached in the bugtracker [1]
	(we don't want this behaviour!)

As decimals are not imported for TypoScript we only want to get integers
highlighted as numbers (grey) and the dots as operators (blue)

Case 2: Patch applied
	If highlighting works correct every dot will be colored blue.
	(this is the behaviour we want to get)
	see screenshot bug8263_right.png attached in the bugtracker [1]

The patch just removes the detection of the . for decimal numbers and
the detection for e-numbers (which is not related for TypoScript too).
This is "almost" a no-brainer

 regards
  tobias

[1] http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=8263