[TYPO3-core] RFC 8225: Code cleanup: Improvment / Bugfix: backend.php - Hook: $GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['typo3/backend.php']['additionalBackendItems']

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Wed May 14 08:59:06 CEST 2008

Frank Nägler wrote:
> Hi Ingo,
> I understand your reason, but I think it is a bug.
>
> Who should I reference my class for this hook? I only know this way.

In fact this hook is not only meant for classes but anything you'd like
to add to/do with the backend. That might also be the reason why EXT:...
is not resolved here (don't remember my thoughts exactly when coding this)

So by specifying a php file you can do what ever you want. For example
check the opendocs system extension. In ext_tables.php it uses that hook
to load its registerToolbarItem.php file. In that file again it
registers (obviously) the toolbar item for the extension.

Ingo

--
Ingo Renner