[TYPO3-core] RFC #8385: Bugfix: Modified tslib_cObj::substituteMarkerArray() misses call parameter

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Tue May 13 22:54:11 CEST 2008

"Francois Suter" <fsuter at cobweb.ch> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1210711331.23041.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hi,
>
>> $deleteUnused parameter wasn't part of TYPO3 4.1 either, so you couldn't
>> use it anyway, right?
>>
>> At least that's what I'd say after looking at the changeset:
>> http://code.typo3.org/v4/changeset/2768
>
> Well, the whole thing started as I was working on my "donations" extension
> in 4.2, having only used in 4.1 until then. All markers that had empty
> values stayed in the output, whereas they were "erased" or replaced by
> their empty values in 4.1. I didn't do a precise analysis of the code in
> 4.1 and in 4.2, but obviously the code in 4.2 was designed to *not* remove
> markers that had empty replacement value and an additional parameter was
> introduced to wipe out those unreplaced marker.
>
> So it seems to me that if the 4.2 version of
> tslib_cObj::substituteMarkerArray() is to behave like the old one, it must
> be able to pass that 5th parameter to
> t3lib_parsehtml::substituteMarkerArray(). If the default value of
> $deleteUnused is false (as it is in my second patch), the behavior in
> 4.2.0 is unchanged and we get better backwards-compatibility with 4.1 in
> 4.2.1 (if that patch ever gets committed, that is).
>
> Now what I would really like to know is why such a small, with absolutely
> no unexpected or negative impact in its second version is generating so
> much reticence. Why are we arguing so much on such a small change? I must
> say I'm absolutely baffled. Please enlighten me!
>
> Cheers
>
> --

Hi Francois,

the reason i see is following: don't change 4.1 functionality in any way,
only fix bugs there.
And why porting this to 4.1? IIRC i did a patch for 4.2 giving the "delete
unused marker" so there is no need to do this in 4.1 because it won't work
there.

Doing it for 4.2 Ingo already gave his ok.

vg Steffen