[TYPO3-core] RFC #8385: Bugfix: Modified tslib_cObj::substituteMarkerArray() misses call parameter

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Tue May 13 21:11:52 CEST 2008

Hi,

>> But the wrapper is there to ensure compatibility. If I change my
>> extension to use the "real stuff", it won't work with 4.1.
>
> so be it then =) Make users move to the recent versions.
> Alternative: do a version check

Yeah, but then why bother about backwards-compatibility at all? If we
want tslib_cObj::substituteMarkerArray() to really offer the same
functionality, then that 5th parameter must be in there.

And it avoids a unnecessary version check which is better for code
performance, no?

Cheers

--

Francois Suter