[TYPO3-core] RFC 8225: Code cleanup: Improvment / Bugfix: backend.php - Hook: $GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['typo3/backend.php']['additionalBackendItems']

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Tue May 13 10:17:22 CEST 2008

Frank Nägler wrote:

Hi Frank,

> Problem:
> I have missed t3lib_div::getFileAbsFileName at the include_once
> statement. I think it is better to use it, so I can use a reference like
> EXT:ext_key/class.tx_mxext.php
>
> Solution:
> I have made a little change in the hook
> $GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['typo3/backend.php']['additionalBackendItems']

although this seems to be a rather minor change I came to the conclusion
that we can not commit that change to 4.2.

Here's the explanation why:
Having that hook behave differently (e.g. allowing a different format
for the specification of the hooking class/mehtod) would lead to
extension for example requiring 4.2.1 when using the new format (EXT:...).
We do not want extensions to require patch level releases, which is also
the reason for not allowing hooks in patch level releases.

I'm sorry, but hope you understand the reasoning
Ingo

--
Ingo Renner