[TYPO3-core] RFC: #8522 Problems with PHP mail function on Windows

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Mon May 5 08:54:34 CEST 2008

Hi!

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> I didn't test the patch but problem analysis and code look good.
>
> Two notes:
>
> First, IMHO escapeshellarg() is a better choice then addslashes().

Agreed! Fixed it locally.

> Second, it's a pity that t3lib_div gets bloated once more. I would
> favour a rewrite of the TYPO3 mail classes (a split into utilities,
> compliation, sending and parsing). I have an idea for
> t3lib_div::makeInstance that would get us singletons easily which allows
> us to move t3lib_div stuff to various utility classes.

I feel the same. Firsts, I wanted to add these two new functions as protected members of t3lib_htmlmail but it would mean that I have to duplicate them in t3lib_div for plainMailEncoded(). So I decided on putting them to t3lib_div. I am not happy with it too. t3lib_div is such a monster already...

I think t3lib_htmlmail should be changed severily. Firsts, it stilll uses " instead of ', it had strings without quotes around them (autoconverted to string by PHP) and it has logic that I would call questionable. This class does not have get/set methods for many attributes. I suppose it needs major review and rewrite. But I think we have to think how to ensure compatibility.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team