[TYPO3-core] RFC: #7925: Toolbar overlaps with linebreaks with smaller views

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Sun Mar 23 18:13:22 CET 2008

"Helmut Hummel" <typo3 at jhpc.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1206288140.21640.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hi Steffen,
>
> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>>
>> Problem:
>> when you minify the view the toolbar overlaps other containers, see
>> screenshot
>>
>> Solution:
>> use overflow:hidden;
>
> This does not help for Safari3 (Windows) nor for IE6. Setting a min-width
> to .typo3-top-toolbar works in Safari and FF2, but as well not for IE6.

true. IE6 can't do a height and overflow, IE6 ignores the height. I searched
the web and only found tricky solutions with wrapper divs, what is
impossible here.

Why Safari for Windows ignores the height i don't know, i would like to hear
a "real" safari user on mac what's the behaviour is.

vg Steffen