[TYPO3-core] RFC: #7921: recursive pidInList for select in cObj CONTENT

Helmut Hummel typo3 at jhpc.de
Fri Mar 21 17:18:34 CET 2008

Hi Georg,

Georg Ringer wrote:

> Type: Feature, no_brainer

This is not a "no brainer".

> Problem:
> Until now it is not possible to have a recursive function for the
> pidInlist which is often quite helpful to find records in a whole page
> tree. Before the patch you need a userfunction which could be solved now.
> IMO this patch is quite important to make the TS cObj CONTENT.select
> complete.
>
> TS example would be:
> page.5 = CONTENT
> page.5 {
>     table = pages
>     select {
>         pidInList = 1
>         recursive = 10
>         orderBy = sorting DESC
>     }

This is really a nice one and I would like to see it in core, but ...

> Additional information:
> I now it is near to featurefreeze but this just so nice, so please!

... featurefreeze is not near, but already in effect since several weeks.

So I would vote -1 for 4.2 but will test it for 4.3 when I find some time (patch
looks good at first glance).

--
lib.salutation = TEXT
lib.salutation.value = Kind regards, Helmut