[TYPO3-core] RFC: Replace t3editor-gluecode with general hooks

Tobias Liebig mail_news at etobi.de
Wed Mar 19 21:41:52 CET 2008

This is an SVN patch request.

Problem:
As nobody can do a full review for the whole t3editor before the 4.2RC1
releases, we decide to extract the editor-sysext from core and release
it as a normal extension in the TER. So the t3editor will not be part of
the 4.2 core.

To make this extension work in 4.2 we need to introduce some new hooks.
They will replace the proprietary "glue-code" commited in r2718.

Solution:
This patch removes the glue-code and insert three new hooks.

Notes:
I like to arrange a kind of "review sprint" for the t3editor on the
t3board in Laax to review and improve the editor.
Thomas Hempel already agreed and will be part of it. I hope we can find
one or two additional people to join us.

If anyone else is interested to attend this session please place a note
here or send a mail directly to me.

Notes II:
When commiting this patch, please remove this folder:
 typo3/sysext/t3editor/

Branches:
TYPO3_4-2, Trunk

Thanks for any comments!