[TYPO3-core] RFC: #7891: Docheader Class with Hook for dynamic change of docheaders

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Tue Mar 18 14:43:42 CET 2008

"Ingo Renner" <ingo at typo3.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1205847057.8160.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de...
> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>
> Hi Steffen,
>
>> Problem:
>> atm the docheaders are static. With rendering template.php doesn't know
>> which module is rendered. There is no hook to change/add something to
>> docheaders
>>
>> Solution:
>> I moved the render process to an extra class, the calling modules
>> register with their name and render process has a hook
>

> although I largely agree that docheaders aren't as perfect yet as they
> could be. I'd like to postpone this to 4.3. We're so close to RC1 now that
> I wouldn't like to start all over again with the docheaders.
>

> Ingo

Hi Ingo,

i agree, but this patch doesn't change much, it's the same routine for
render the docheader as before. The only real change is
* module register their names
* there is a hook

There is no risk for loosing functionality, and it gives chance for
extensions. if not you will end up with solutions xclassing many parts of
TYPO3 only for adding a button.

vg  Steffen