[TYPO3-core] RFC: #7816: New page icon does not honor a selected page (Pagetree)

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Tue Mar 11 14:11:00 CET 2008

Hey Steffen,

thanks for taking care of this.

Some sidenotes to the patch:

* function name getPageID() -- if I read getPageID() I think that the
pageID is returned (old java habit ;-)), either rename the function to
"extractPageIDfromTreeItem()" or return the pageID. I'd favor the first
one. And: remove the extra line break when calling this function in the two

* getPageID() #2: the tmp variable is unnecessary, just do a direct
assignment.

Apart from that, +1 after reading. Just make sure that the Tree class
does not throw any errors when called in the filelist or somewhere else
where there are no "pageIDs". Also, please add some documentation above
the function declaration.

--
greetings,
benni.