[TYPO3-core] RFC: #7777: Hide Filter is not possible

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Mon Mar 10 22:14:28 CET 2008

Hi,

> Problem:
>  the setting
> options.pageTree.hideFilter = 1
>
> deactivates Filter function, but doesn't hide the Filterbox.

Globally very nice, but one thing bothers me:

> I additional added an inline-style-marker for the position of the tree when
> filter is hidden to be independent from general CSS.

Could this be used to put a class rather than a style. It seems like a
bad idea having a hardcoded style:

$markers['STYLE'] = 'style="margin-top:-30px;"';

because it will cause problems to people developing skins for the BE.
Better to have something like:

$markers['STYLE'] = 'class="pagetree_hide_filter"';

or whatever other name and put that into the relevant CSS (I get a bit
lost with all those files...).

After that I'm +1 after reading and testing (and very positive about
this, since I really want to hide that filter for now :-))

Cheers

--

Francois Suter