[TYPO3-core] RFC: bug #7784: Check for mail configuration is wrong on Windows

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Sat Mar 8 12:13:29 CET 2008

"Dmitry Dulepov [typo3]" <dmitry at typo3.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1204974180.3714.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hi!
>
> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>> +1 by reading. What i don't like is hardcoded messages, i would prefer
>> lang labels. I know that there is atm no possibility to use install in
>> other language but may be it comes with 4.3
>
> t3lib_div is available there, so it is possible to read language file. May
> $LANG also can be instantiated. We can have select box at the top of the
> page for language. Just an idea...

yes, but lang-files have to be fetched from translation server, and the
check for the writable dirs are not made at this time.
But this is OT for this thread, i only would like to see texts in lang
labels in general (but maybe for 4.3 the new installer is ready and this is
not needed any longer)

vg  Steffen