[TYPO3-core] RFC: bug #7784: Check for mail configuration is wrong on Windows

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Fri Mar 7 14:02:10 CET 2008

Hi!

This is SVN patch request

Type: bug

Branch: 4.2, 4.1

BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=7784

Problem: mail check on Windows just says that Windows Sendmail is not checked. But there is no such thing on Windows at all. Instead SMTP and smtp_port should be checked.

Solution: the attached patch takes care of the issue and additionally verifies that SMTP host exists in DNS. It also checks if it is localhost and server address is localhost (typical developer installation) and warns user about it.

Attached is short version of the patch, full version just converts some spaces to tabs in the same file (automatically made by my editor).

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team