[TYPO3-core] FYI: removing the page tree filter toggle

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Mon Mar 3 12:42:51 CET 2008

Hi all,

this is a follow up to the last change concerning the filter toggle
(above the page tree).

I'm going to remove the toggle before packaging beta3 if nobody objects.

Here're the reasons and how this decision developed:
* see the "Page tree Filter use wrong div for collapse" thread
* it was suggested to move the workspace info/indicator to the second
row of the docheader
* when having the filter displayed it would overlay the workspace info
* I felt that the workspace info must be visible at all time, therefore
I did not include that change
* currently you can still toggle the filter
* however, I thought that when toggling the filter, the page tree would
gain a few pixels of space and move up into the space made free by
hiding the filter - which is not the case as I just noticed
* when discussing this issue with Steffen it became clear that the
docheader is not able to do this / not constructed to do this
* always having two rows in the docheader looks more consistent

--> conclusion: if the room is not made available to the tree when
hiding the filter it is useless to have a toggle at all, and probably
also confusing to the users as they'd probably would expect the same
when hiding the filter (having more room for the tree)

see the attached patch for the changes involved. The associated css will
of course also be removed, I just couldn't include that in the diff as I
have that cleaned up css file laying around here...

all the best
Ingo

--
Ingo Renner