[TYPO3-core] RFC: Fix (part of) #7589: FULLTEXT keys are not processed correctly

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Mon Mar 3 01:45:07 CET 2008

Hi Benni,

> I just prechecked the code. Unfortunately, I couldn't do a full code
> review + testing today. Hopefully I will get this done by tomorrow.
> However, I would like to have this in beta3!

Still hope so :-/

> Michael, one (first) question:
>
> -  obj_string tinytext NOT NULL,
> -  appdata mediumblob NOT NULL,
> -  title tinytext NOT NULL,
> +  obj_string varchar(255) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
> +  appdata blob NOT NULL,
> +  title varchar(255) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
>
> Why is this change needed / how it is related to the bug?

Not at all, but I noticed during testing that after running "Import static
tables" the above fields were always changed.

Apparently it seems like they are defined twice, once in ext_tables.sql and
once in ext_tables_static+adt.sql of typo3/sysext/tsconfig_help/, and
unfortunately they have been defined with different field settings.

Since I assume that the values in ext_tables_static+adt.sql are correct
(this is what's currently used during import), I have simply copied these
settings into ext_tables.sql.

> Additionally: I'd suggest moving the whole "blobtotext" discussion into
> another thread & RFC as there are still some concerns from Masi that
> should be taken care of and should be handled separately -- maybe
> together with the other charset-related functions (UTF-8 by default, but
> not enforced) that I'd like to see for 4.2 :)

I have already asked Masi to name those fields. He is right about the
problem, but the solution will be to change those fields into blobs, so I
just need to know where this is still missing (afaik there's no such field
in TYPO3core).

Please allow me to keep the discussion in one thread as the changes are very
related and dependent on each other. I'm convinced it would not make a
difference at all.

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out