[TYPO3-core] RFC: Fix (part of) #7589: FULLTEXT keys are not processed correctly

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Sun Mar 2 21:18:11 CET 2008

Martin Kutschker wrote:

>> What do you think?
>
> That there is no reason to force UTF-8 upon everyone. iso-8859-1 and
> other charsets are completely valid choices for some installations. The
> only thing I really would like to go (though it will break installations
> I know) is the multi-charset feature. That is, you're using eg English
> (iso-8859-1) and Polish (iso-8859-2) but do not use forceCharset (utf-8).

As I said: This is so simple to implement, really! However, if we won't get
at least proper charset handling into TYPO3core there will be no such
improvements at all!

So please let's discuss this when the proposed (and waiting...) changes are
committed and I have a patch ready that implements what we are discussing
here.

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out