[TYPO3-core] RFC: Resubmission of feature #1585: Logfile by Request URI + configuration of Empty Referer handling + logline hook

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Sun Mar 2 16:35:28 CET 2008

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> "Michael Stucki" <michael at typo3.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:mailman.1.1204468185.28864.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de...

>>> sure, that makes it complicated. The logfile name could vary so match is
>>> not easy. Sounds like a complex thing:
>>> * scan lodir for logfiles
>>> * compare with domain if name match
>>> * hope to get the right one
>> As I said: You can just skip this part. It is no longer needed!
>>
>> - michael
>> --
>> Use a newsreader! Check out
>
> ok, so lets have a try, here is the patch
>
> vg  Steffen

Michael, Steffen, I fear you lost me somewhere in your long thread, so I
will only comment on small detail.

It's a nice idea to go away from plain mode integer arguments to
something else. But if you define constants you should IMHO define them
where they belong to. So TYPO3_SEVERITY_INFO belong to t3lib_div no
config_default.php. Especially it's prefixed with TYPO3 and has no
reference to sysLog() at all.

I played with a similar idea, but to use class constants:

class t3lib_div {
   const SYSLOG_SEVERITY_INFO = 0;
}

Whatever is done in the end. Please makes such changes only globally in
the complete Core. Ie change all occurences if sysLog() accordingly.

Masi