[TYPO3-core] RFC: #8205: Shortcut ends in parse_url-error

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-no at spam-blackbox.net
Mon Jun 16 15:39:24 CEST 2008

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> I don't see any reason for absolute URL in all cases. Ok, it works, but if
> you create a shortcut with any of these URLs, the host info is stored in
> Database which is wrong.

Ok, host in the DB is wrong you're right. I didn't get it that it ended
up there with the host. But to make it really useful the URL must be
relative to TYPO3.

DB: typo3/mod-or-whatever/script.php

Now I can remove or rename my prefix and will not loose my shortcuts.

 > So i see no reason at all for the absolute URL,
> IMHO automatic removal for host is ok.
> If you have a reason for the absolute URL i would prefer a method like you
> suggested.

My main complain is that you modify a GENERAL routine that encodes URLs.
  You habe no idea who may call this function for whatever reasons. If
you need a function that removes the host go ahead. But DO NOT modify
eurlencode(). This simply is not the right place to do it.

Masi