[TYPO3-core] RFC #8697: Warnings when using MySql 4.0

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-no at spam-blackbox.net
Fri Jun 13 12:54:55 CEST 2008

Stefan Geith schrieb:
> Ingo Renner schrieb:
>> ..
>>
>> However as I can't find where this requirement was mentioned, we
>> should make it more clear.
>
> The install-tool and the update-wizard _should_ check for the minimum
> mySql version and produce a nice warning (not an error) if version is
> too old.
>
> Right ?

No. If it there is a requirement then there must be an error.

Sidenote: for PHP we have a soft (5.2) and a hard (5.1) requirement. *

As the long standing plan to default with utf8 may happen with 4.3 the
oldest Mysql version allowed is in fact 4.1 because 4.0 DOES NOT support
utf8 natively.

So I can imagine we do the same for 4.3. Announce requirement for 5.0
but live ok with 4.1 for one release (see note).

Masi

* I think this should be changed for 4.3 so we can use nice 5.2 features
in 4.3.