[TYPO3-core] Warning in t3lib_db line 1047

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-no at spam-blackbox.net
Fri Jun 13 12:22:37 CEST 2008

Ingo Renner schrieb:
> Stefan Geith wrote:
>
>> All managed webservers at 1+1 only have mySql 4.0 and there is no
>> chance to get 5.x or even 4.1 ... :(
>>
>> So I'll make a bug-tracker entry and post a patch - OK ?
>
> no, get MySQL 4.1! 4.0 is not even support from MySQL itself anymore.
>
> I even think that the requirement for 4.1 was mentioned somewhere,
> however I can't find it right now.

AFAIR there were a few postings that could be called a discussion but
nothing else. If there was no official statement in the release news I
think we should the Core run with 4.1

So please whoever writes the relases notes for 4.3 please make sure to
add the current requirements (the important one like PHP and Mysql version).

And whowevver has access to typo.org and typo3.com please add/update the
requirements. Last time I checked thwey were hard to find (no info/link
on the download page) and not accurate.

Masi