[TYPO3-core] FYI: Demo-Extension

bernd wilke xoonsji02 at sneakemail.com
Thu Jun 12 16:48:54 CEST 2008

on Thu, 12 Jun 2008 14:36:03 +0200, Thomas Hempel wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I understand why this extension was written and so on but was it really
> necessary  to upload it to the TER? I mean, one more extension that does
> nothing useful. It might be a good idea to distribute such things in a
> different channel. For example attaching it to your mail here in the dev
> list. You get your target audience and none has to think about it when
> looking at the extension list.
>
> I don't want to attack anyone but I can't see the reason for uploading
> such things to the TER.

each extension can be used as demonstration, but not each demonstration-
extension has a meaningful job.

as there are some extensions for demonstration purpose only, what about a
new category 'demonstration'?

You could store these extensions into a separate TER, where only devs
look into, but that would split the actual central TER into smaller parts
with possible inconsistencies.
As documentation about TYPO3 is stored in so many different ways it is
difficult to get any special knowledge.
How many 'forums' exists beside the central NGs?
How many web-mirrors exists from the NGs?

Don't spread demonstration-extensions in the same way just to have a
'clean' TER.

bernd