[TYPO3-core] FYI: Demo-Extension

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Thu Jun 12 14:03:35 CEST 2008

Hi Dmitry,

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:
> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>> FYI:
>> I uploaded an extension which demonstrates usage of userfunc in
>> a) extConf
>> b) in constant editor
>>
>> Extensionkey: demo_extconf_userfunc
>
> Hm. Any hints what is so special about it? :) Is it new functionality or
> what? Can you give some more background info, please?

What makes this feature interesting is that it was the reason for the
problem of "#8108: Extension configuration options are not always shown".

The problem was:
  - The userFunc in extconf should be executed during installation of an
    extension
  - But: userFuncs can only be used AFTER the extension is actually
    installed
  - Therefore the extension installation now needs to be done in two
    steps, first the installation, and then the step where a userfunc can
    hook into.

cheers
Ingmar

--