[TYPO3-core] RFC: #8623: Shortcut mode also to the parent page

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-no at spam-blackbox.net
Mon Jun 9 17:29:50 CEST 2008

Ingo Renner schrieb:
> Benjamin Mack wrote:
>
>> Another thing I'd really like to see (but will never go in TYPO3, I
>> know :( ) is the merge of the external link and the shortcut pagetypes,
>
> why not?

They do something different: the former is a redirect, the latter shows
the content of the link target.

Some have already argued that the shortcuts behaviour is wrong and
should be changed to work as redirect, which is not so easy as it seems
at first glance (you have to keep the modes first and random page in mind).

Masi