[TYPO3-core] RFC:8575 List view: Contrast for alternating rows and hover too low

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Sun Jun 1 21:49:22 CEST 2008

Hey Uschi et al.

the problem here is the following with t3skin:
We should have one distinct color for hovering and one different color
for having the active state.
Right now this is very nasty: The hover in the modulemenu is the same
than the active one, then we have hover in the topmenu, then we have the
active state in the pagetree (which is equal to the hover in the
modmenu). Also we have the hover in the list module, but there it should
also work with enough contrast when having alternating rows.
BTW: Contrast doesn't have anything to do with colors in the first place
  (That much I know from my designer days :))

So, the clean approach would be to define a color (can be a greytone as
well) for hover, and one for active. IMHO the colors should be defined
by Jens and Uschi (and whoever wants to participate as well). Then the
CSS for t3skin should be altered, and should go in 4.2, as it's a very
big mess as it is right now!

Also... while we're at it: We also should have ONE background color,
despite if some core team members dislike the one gray or the other.
It's not about sympathy for one color, it's about consistency. Please:
Jens, Uschi and whoever: Discuss this, and define ONE color, so we can
fix this. This annoys me (and my clients) BIG time.

IMHO, any further discussion should be in the hci list as the HCI team
is now responsible for the t3skin.

--
greetings,
benni.