[TYPO3-core] RFC: #9052: [feature] Remove JS popup when login expired

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Thu Jul 31 13:07:11 CEST 2008

Christoph Koehler wrote:

Hi Christoph,

>>  So you're saying we should check the db in certain intervals to get
>> the real expiry time? I like that idea. However, every time I make an
>> ajax call, the session seems to be renewed, so I can't ever check the
>> expiry with ajax in the background without refreshing the
>> session,which would make the whole popup idea pointless.

basically the current popup solution knows when the session epires,
right? So ther must be an update mechanism already whcih you can use.

Other than that I would just leave out the countdown you implemented and
just dim the screen and show the login when the session expired. Which
basically is what happens now already - just with the popup.

> As a side note, that's why I have to manually logoff the user when the
> countdown is expired. Not ideal, but I don't see any other way.

which would be perfectly ok then

best
Ingo

--