[TYPO3-core] RFC #8505: String "File/Files" in Fileadmin are hardcoded

Stefano Kowalke blueduck at gmx.net
Fri Jul 25 16:24:02 CEST 2008

Martin Kutschker wrote:

> Ingmar Schlecht schrieb:
>> Hi Stefano,
>>
>> I wouldn't localize the single letter "B" and then have "K", "M", etc.
>> not localized, either all hardcoded abbreviations (KB, MB, etc.) or all
>> localized.
>
> It turned out that these labels must be localizable for Russian et al.
>
> I think these labels should go to the "common label file" that has been
> suggested for common BE and FE stuff. If committed now please leave a
> @todo note so that we can come back and use the common label later.

I created this 'common label file', called 'locallang_common.xml' some time
ago and we can introduce it. I write a bugreport and a SVN request.

> The reason for splitting was that K,M,G are "modifiers" than can be used
> together with other units.

I be little confused, which label go into the common lang file?

* <label index="byteFormat"> B| KB| MB| GB</label> and give it as the second
parameter to t3lib_div::formatSize()

or

* single labels for B, KB, ...
<label index="formatB">B</label>
<label index="formatKB">KB</label>
<label index="formatMB">MB</label>

> Anway, I agree to an all or nothing localization favouring an
> all-localization.

+1 for localization all

Cheers
Stefano

--
Seit dem 1.1.2008 werden Daten zu jeder E-Mail verdachtsunabhängig gespeichert!
Weitere Informationen: www.vorratsdatenspeicherung.de