[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bugfix 8199: Incorrect multiline headers in boundary parts (t3lib_htmlmail)

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Fri Jul 25 16:19:49 CEST 2008

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>> Well, Dmitry made another patch which solves this is issue.
>> Unfortunately his patch added also other things I didn't review properly.
>
> Uh... I forgot about that patch. I remember you made some comments about
> it. I will review them next week and propose updated patch. Then we can
> have it in core.
>
> That patch is better because it also solves Windows/mini_sendmail problem.

I now, but I didn't like the part where you moved away from standard
because of a Google mail problem.

I forgot, was there a problem with Google receiving the mails from
another MTA or is there a problem if you try to use Google's mailserver
directly as outgoing SMTP server? You changed the code so that it sent
LF instead of the RFC-compliant CR/LF *

The other parts I recall as beenk ok for me.

Masi

* I think the point is that you should know the local line delimiter
settings of the server you're sending to. I assumed that if you're
server is a Windows box, so will be the outgoing SMTP server. This
assumption is probably wrong.

Maybe it makes sense to use always LF perhaps with the exception when
we're on a Windows box and use the localhost as SMTP server. If trouble
occurs then we'll add a config for to use CRLF but don't do any further
magic.