[TYPO3-core] RFC #8512: Feature: New Hook in function cImage of class.tslib_content.php

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Fri Jul 25 15:27:35 CEST 2008

Benjamin Mack wrote:
> Hey Dmitry,
>
> Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:
>> No, we can't get rid of hook once it is there.
> Sorry, I meant: We don't need the hook at all.

Hook advantage is that several extensions can use it. And it will be applied to any cImage in the system. It is not possible with stdWrap unless you do a hook for the stdWrap, which is performance costly. Also extensions cannot hook directly to cImage without a hook.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 Core team