[TYPO3-core] RFC #5045, #5077, #8649: Import/Export requires lot of memory

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Thu Jul 24 09:09:02 CEST 2008

Bernhard Kraft schrieb:
> Hallo there,
>
> This is an SVN patch request for trunk.
>
> Problem: The export/import tool requires a lot of memory when exporting
> a set of pages containing lot of files.
>
> Reason: All files get loaded into memory, stored in kinda "mega-array" -
> and then serialized when written to the T3D output file. Same approach -
> different direction when importing.
>
> Current "workaround": Do not allow any files larger than 10MB to get
> exported
>

> Proposed solution: See attached diff. Files to get exported get
> written/appended to a "container" file which is not in memory. This
> container file gets appended to the final T3D in a way it can be read on
> import.

I didn't get it right from readig the patch. You have create an external
temporary zip file which you append to the .t3d and flag it so that the
importer can detach and uncompress it. Is it working like this?

I guess this could work for the xml export as well if you ship the file
zip as an extra file. Not quite as convenient as a single file but it'd
work. Though I don't get it why one would need an xml export.

> A patched version (T3X) of the impexp extension can be downloaded at the
> following link - you should move the extensions to the "sysext" folder
> after installing locally:

I don't want to go into nitpicking (like "use of new instead of
t3lib_div::createInstance) right now as I like the idea :-)

Masi

PS: Ok, onme thing: could you please name the feature internally
sonething like "externalFiles" or "fileContainer"? "saveMemory" doesn't
really tell what happens. ;-)