[TYPO3-core] FYI24: #9008: template.php doesn't fully utilize the loadJavascriptLib function.

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Jul 21 17:34:11 CEST 2008

Hi!

Ingo Renner wrote:
> although this is mentioned in the notes taken at T3DD08 I think I can
> remember the core team having vetoed that particular change as all other
> comments are indented with one tab already....

Core team didn't. At least it was not discussed in team. May be some members discussed it privately but *team* did not decide it.

We had voting. I remember some objections from you and Stucki(?) on this particular subject but we voted to align comments with text.

> maybe we have to discuss this change again (?)

We should not. Otherwise we will go to a Nth round of discussing everything. If this is discussed, why other things cannot be discussed again? We will never finish. And we will veto everything that we do not like.

Let them (CGL) work as written. We had enough discussions. I am not very happy with many things in CGL but I accept them. We must finally end up with something.

* * *

I think we should get rid of the whole veto concept. It makes much more harm than good. If one person wants, he can block the whole team from doing positive changes. This is not right for team work.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 Core team