[TYPO3-core] RFC #8890: Feature: hook in function "getSingleField_SW" before rendering of single fields in tceforms.

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Mon Jul 21 13:48:07 CEST 2008

alex widschwendter schrieb:
> This is an SVN patch request.
>
> Type: New feature
>
> Bugtracker references:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=8890
>
> Branches:
> TYPO3_4-2 and trunk

I don't recall our policiy concerning new hooks. Has been discussed to
death ;-)

> Problem:
> existing hooks do not allow manipulation of the $PA array
>
> Solution:
> the hook can be used to add addtional config options in the tca array,
> to in influence the rendering of the field.

Hook location and overall code seems ok to me.

Don't pass $PA as reference in the call. Any hook implementation must
declare this in it's parameter definition.

And please make your patches not absolute against your filesystem. The
patch as-is cannot applied to any copy but yours.

Both changes are necessary for a +1.

Masi