[TYPO3-core] RFC #5045, #5077, #8649: Import/Export requires lot of memory

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Mon Jul 21 08:08:28 CEST 2008

Oliver Klee schrieb:
> Hi,

Hi Oliver,

*ups* I replied to the mail - I will copy my reply to this posting again
... for everyone to follow.

> Please make sure that your code follows the CGL:

They must have changed some time ago ... when I started TYPO3 in  2004
they were a little bit different.

> - Please use a space instead of a tab for between text and the {.

This was something I ALWAYS did before I came to TYPO3. At some time
Stucki told me that there were CGL and I should stick to them -  so use
Tab before the opening curly bracket. But it seems this has changed.
Damn. I managed to learn to add a Tab before { automatically - now I
have to relearn my "old" style ...

> - Please add spaces around concatenation dots.
Ok.

> - Please use single quotes.
Sorry. The debug-statement is something I will probably remove in the
final version, and I used the doublequotes for convenience - to output
an \n (else I would have had to use chr(10))

>> -        $inData['maxFileSize'] =
>> t3lib_div::intInRange($inData['maxFileSize'],1,10000,1000);
>> +            // Only allow to export file not larger than ~100MB
>> +        $inData['maxFileSize'] =
>> t3lib_div::intInRange($inData['maxFileSize'],1,100000,1000);
>

> - Please align the comments with the code instead of indenting them.

This has also changed from the previous CGL - if you look at original
comments of Kasper (or even at the tab-before-bracket) this was different.

> - Please add spaces after the commas.

Sorry. I just changed the value "10000" to "100000" and didn't change
anything else in this line. If I would completly reformat the whole
class it would be a lot more in the diff. I tried to just focus on the
code-changes.

> Please use PHP5 code:
> - var -> public/private/protected
> - Please add an access modifier before "function".

Ok.

> What about some PhpDoc comments? These will make understanding and
> reviewing your code much easier.

Jup. I added the phpDoc comments to the headers of newly added methods
in the class.tx_impexp.php file - but forgot to add them to the 3 new
class files ... I will add them.

greets,
Bernhard