[TYPO3-core] RFC #5045, #5077, #8649: Import/Export requires lot of memory

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Fri Jul 18 18:37:38 CEST 2008

Hallo there,

This is an SVN patch request for trunk.

Problem: The export/import tool requires a lot of memory when exporting
a set of pages containing lot of files.

Reason: All files get loaded into memory, stored in kinda "mega-array" -
and then serialized when written to the T3D output file. Same approach -
different direction when importing.

Current "workaround": Do not allow any files larger than 10MB to get
exported

Proposed solution: See attached diff. Files to get exported get
written/appended to a "container" file which is not in memory. This
container file gets appended to the final T3D in a way it can be read on
import.
Raised limit of files to get exported up to 100MB (could even be more -
but didn't try)

Doesn't work for XML exports

A patched version (T3X) of the impexp extension can be downloaded at the
following link - you should move the extensions to the "sysext" folder
after installing locally:

http://think-open.org/kraftb/index/t3x/T3X_impexp_memoryfix1_2008-07-18.t3x

Any response welcome ... Please CC to my email (I currently get lost in
the core-list - and try to find a thunderbird plugin easing my problems
of follwing threads in which I took part)

greets,
Bernhard
--
Freiheit ist immer Freiheit des Andersdenkenden.
Rosa Luxemburg, 1871-1919