[TYPO3-core] RFC #8985: Enable USER object to become USER_INT on the fly

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Fri Jul 18 12:46:43 CEST 2008

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I see the main benefit in using a standard core-way to do that in that
> within your plugin you can for sure know if you are a USER or an
> USER_INT, just by calling getUserObjType().

A pity the type is not passed simply via the $conf parameter. Then you
wouldn't have to fiddle with the rather strange construct in tslib_content.

As an alternative tslib_content could either set the type as an object
property after the creation or we could add a constructor that takes the
object type as parameter.

This way we can figure out what kind of object we are. Remember:
tslib_pibase is used for al kind of stuff (thanx to the kickstarter).

Masi