[TYPO3-core] RFC #8985: Enable USER object to become USER_INT on the fly

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Jul 17 10:58:30 CEST 2008

Hi!

Ingo Renner wrote:
> exactly, UserInt is more readable and conforms to the CGL, USER_INT doesn't

No big deal, can be changed.

> I proposed that multiple times already, also FLOW3/TYPO3 5 has it, and
> what's most important is that it makes life easier for those who don't
> know the insights - even I didn't know what you mean (although I could
> guess, but guessing is not what we want)

There can be a comment what OT_ means. There is actually a mention of "OT_* constants" in the patch.

I like prefixes for constants. But I come from the C/C++ world, where every frameworks uses it.

I do not think having different constant kinds in the same class makes it more clear without prefixes. For example, I'd love to have WORKSPACE_DRAFT and WORKSPACE_LIVE. Or ACCESS_READ.

Would OBJECTTYPE_USER and OBJECTTYPE_USER_INT look better for you?

>>> 72: the comment is not quite clear, needs to be indented with a tab
>>
>> Not according to CGL.
>
> Then we have to add it. I think it was mentioned during T3DD, but I
> might have forgotten to write it down. Also, just check most other
> comments... same style.

It was voted exactly the other way: comments are aligned with code. Quote:

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 Core team