[TYPO3-core] RFC #8566: Unable to match TS condition when variable is not set

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Tue Jul 15 11:50:17 CEST 2008

Hi Dmitry,

> Branches: 4.1, 4.2, trunk
>
> Problem: The following perfectly valid condition does not match if "param"
> is not found in URL or if it is set to empty value in the URL:
>
> [globalVar = GP:param = /^$/]
>
> The problem is that t3lib_matchcondition::matchWild() requires non-empty
> string to test. No idea why but it does not make sense to have this
> restriction.
>
> Solution: remove check for non-empty value in the
> t3lib_matchcondition::matchWild().

+1 by reading. However, after reading your discussion with Masi, I'm not
sure if you plan to change the delimiter now? If that is the case, please
send an updated patch first, and make sure that // as delimiter will still
work...

> Note: I also reformatted the function according to coding conventions. The
> change is obvious, I hope no separate patch is needed.

I noticed that you removed the tab after function (...). If I remember
correctly, this is the only tab that stays for whatever reason. Maybe Ingo
can proof me wrong?!

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out