[TYPO3-core] RFC #8566: Unable to match TS condition when variable is not set

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Jul 14 16:25:03 CEST 2008

Hi!

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> I you choose the latter please add a note to pending docs about the new
> |regepx| feature.

It is not new. It was there for ages. I only fixed problem with empty values.

The feature is described here:
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/references/doc_core_tsref/4.1.0/view/4/1/#id3973274

===================
Syntax:

[globalString =   var1=value,  var2= *value2, var3= *value3*, ...]

Comparison:

This is a direct match on global strings.

You have the options of putting a "*" as a wildcard or using a PCRE style regular expression (must be wrapped in "/") to the value.

> Either way, if you're really cool, you could a) use @ for the regexp in
> case the user breaks the regexp and b) check if he made a mistake and
> add a little admin panel note ;-)

This is a different thing and should be in different bug report. I want only to fix the original issue for now.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 Core team